Museum opening hours
Apr. to Nov. 9:30 - 16:30
Dec. to March 9:30 - 16:00
Shinwatei opening hours 10：00～15：30
*Last admission 30 minutes before the closing time
Closed on Thursdays
Year-end and New Year holidays: December 25–31, 2020 and January 4–8 2021.
*Museum and Shinsenkyō open every day in November.
*Some galleries may be closed due to display changeover.
Adults 1,300 yen (1,200)
High school/college students (ID required) 600 yen (500)
Children up to junior high school Free of charge
Seniors aged over 65 (ID required) 1,100yen
Persons in possession of a disability certificate 800 yen
To our visitorsTo help us ensure a pleasant and enjoyable experience in the museum for all visitors and to maintain optimal environment for the museum collection, please kindly observe the following.
- No smoking within the museum site including the gardens.
- No consuming food or drink outside designated areas.
- Hazardous items are strictly prohibited.
- Keep off the mosses and lawns.
- Regarding photography, please note the following:
- 1.No photography of the exhibits where so indicated.
- 2.The use of flash, monopod, tripod or selfie-stick is not permitted.
- 3.Written permission is required for commercial photography.
- No making/receiving telephone calls inside the galleries.
- No use of pens in the galleries.
- Please keep voices down in the galleries.
- No animals are allowed into the museum site. (except guide animals)
- Bringing plants or umbrellas into the museum buildings is not allowed.
For wheelchair users
We regret to inform that the museum site is not adapted to wheelchair users. While we provide wheelchairs for those who need mobility assistance, the gardens and museum buildings have steps, so you may require further assistance in order to make your visit. Please inquire for further information.
For those who wish to make drawings and sketches on site
You may use pencils and conte crayons, but the use of fountain pens, ink brushes, paints including watercolors, and easels is not permitted.
While making your drawings, please consider other visitors.